As a premier east coast destination for families and groups, the Myrtle Beach area is packed with family friendly fun. Often referred to as the “Grand Strand”, our pristine 60 mile stretch of coastline boasts a wide array of family friendly attractions, dining, events, and more! As one of the area’s top resort picks for families, Tilghman Resort embraces this very theme at our property, offering our guests an extensive array of fun activities to enjoy during their stay. Our Lil’ Fins Kids Club, in particular, is a favorite among many of our guests.
Lil’ Fins starts June 16yj and ends August 17th. This year, we are fostering an “Around the World” theme and many of our activities will focus on fun with a little education thrown in the mix. Each participating guest will receive a passport and will get a stamp for each day they participate. Festivities begin at 10am and go throughout the early afternoon with pool games and activities at 2:30pm each day, though there are evening activities planned for some nights at well. Registration begins at 10am each morning with passport stamps at 10:30. Check out the tentative calendar:
Monday – Brazil:
- Around the world sticker scene – 10:45am
- Design your own maracas – 11:00am
- Create your own rain stick – 11:30am
- Create your own carnival masks – 1:15pm
- Shirt tie dye – 1:45pm
- “Dive-In” movie at the pool – 8:00pm
Tuesday – England:
- Create your own crown and shields – 10:45am
- Design a castle sticker scene – 11:30am
- Kingdom sand art pictures – 1:15pm
- Design your own royal goblet – 1:45pm
Wednesday – Hawaii:
- Color your own travel tote – 10:45am
- Create your own lei – 11:15am
- Limbo contest & color your tiki mask – 1:15pm
- Chief Kamu fire & hula show on pool deck – 9:30pm
Thursday – Japan
- Create an oriental hand fan – 10:45am
- Koi Fish Mobiles – 11:15am
- Create your own candy sushi – 1:15pm
- Write your name in Japanese – 1:45pm
- Oragami – 2:00pm
- “Dive-In” movie at the pool – 8pm
Friday – Australia
- Color your fish party hat – 10:45
- Great barrier reef sponge art – 11:15
- Live Mermaid & Pirates show at Indoor Pool – 2:45
The “Dive-In” Movies are a recent addition to the Tilghman Kids Club lineup and have become a huge hit! These movies are shown on a large blow up screen on our outdoor pool deck. Grab a spot poolside or bring your favorite float and splash around the pool while you enjoy a free movie under the stars! Don’t forget, these movies start at 8:30pm sharp!
The Live Mermaid & Pirates show has been an annual tradition at Tilghman Resort for some time and always draws a crowd! Each Friday afternoon several special guests will gather at our indoor pool facility to put on a show. There will be role play and interactive games and each guest will have the opportunity to have their picture taken with a mermaid – now who could resist that? Just head to the indoor pool facility at 2:45 to save your spot!
The weekly Chief Kamu Hula & Fire show is another recent addition to the Kids Club festivities that you won’t want to miss! He will be outside on our pool deck every Wednesday evening at 9:30pm to put on a spectacular show that includes amazing hula hoop tricks and mindboggling fire stunts. This new event is sure to heat things up!
Be sure to check with your reservations specialist on details about how to register for these events and which events are scheduled for your specific stay as they are subject to change. Most of these events are completely free of charge, though some activities (like shirt tie dye) do carry a small fee that can be paid or charged to the room. Don’t forget to enjoy all of our other great family amenities during your stay. We look forward to seeing you at Tilghman Resort soon!